Friday, October 7, 2011

I'm in Love

Of course my first love is my husband BUT my new love is my crockpot.  Now mind you I've had this little bad boy for 3 years.  Never opened, pushed to the back of my cabinets.  I bought it when we were in our last apartment before buying our house.  I think my mom was up for a visit from Fla and we took a ride to Bed Bath and Beyond to browse around (love that store)

Yesterday I decided to make chicken chili from Food.com  Perfect for a crisp fall day. Really easy and most of the ingredients I had in my cabinets.  I like a more hearty chili so next time I will use less of the "juice" from the beans.  Other than that   it was delicious.  I served warm Italian bread on the side.  Rice or a salad would be good too.  Here is the recipe and some shots from my kitchen (notice my unfinished back splash ugh!)

Easy Turkey Chili



Ingredients

    • 1 lb ground turkey ( you can sub ground chicken)
    • 1 small onions, chopped
    • 1 (4 1/2 ounce) cans chopped chilies, drained
    • 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
    • 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas, undrained
    • 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
    • 1 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
    • 1 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
    • 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder, to taste

Directions

  1. Cook turkey and onion in a medium fry pan over medium high heat, scramble fry until no longer pink.
  2. Drain off fat and transfer cooked meat and onion to crock pot.
  3. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
  4. Cook on high 6 to 8 hours.



    What are your favorite crock pot recipes?

    XO,

    K


No comments:

Post a Comment